Sunday, May 22, 2011

I freaking broke my sewing machine



So..for all my lack of posting, I actually have been a rather productive little sewist this past week. So productive, in fact, that I successfully managed to mangle and destroy the bobbin case in my beloved little machine. You see, I was recruited to custom make light bar covers for all the firetrucks of a specific firehouse and have been sewing so much I haven't even had time to post. This project of mine is time sensitive as well, so it's been a go go GO! type of thing. I've spent well over 20 hours on this so far, and on the last truck (light at the end of the tunnel) the machine jammed, and I guess I didn't realize it soon enough(?) but I stopped, unjammed it..and then it just plain wouldn't sew. The needle goes up and down..and the feed dogs work..but there's a terrible clanking sound and no movement. The bobbin case seems to be all messed up. Ughhhh.
I hurried my poor little machine over to my local sewing machine dealer, and will hopefully have it back by next Friday. So, for the time being..I cannot start the sew along as quickly as I'd hoped..or finish my two unfinished quilts yet..or make that dress I've been wanting to make...yeah, you get it. WAH. However, my friend is being so kind as to allow me to borrow her machine so that I can finish the project by it's "due date". Phew.
Not to be a GIANT complainer pants...but also, my dear puppy was sick this week with a bout of yucky bowels (to put it nicely).. Luckily, after another visit to the vet and another silly amount of money he has much improved. Thank goodness.
In much better news, this past Thursday, almost hubby and I and my sissy and her girlfriend Heather went up to NYC and saw the most fabulous concert ever. ADELE. Yes, be jealous. It was amazing. She is even better in person, if you can imagine. It was a really great time, and I absolutely loved it. We don't get to go out much due to our schedules and other things so it was just grand.
Yeap..so that's basically my week.I'm tired. =)

No comments: