Friday, May 6, 2011

This pesky project of mine..



I was super duper ambitious when I started crocheting. I had absolutely no concept of how long things take me.
Which, by the way, it's been just about a year since I learned. Nifty tidbit.
I started with a baby blanket..and then naively jumped into a HUGE blanket for my sissy. I think it's 300 chains across. And I honestly hadn't touched it for..oh I don't know..five months. For shame, self. For shame.
Last night I finally started working on it again..I had hoped it would be a housewarming gift for Leah and her girlfriend. Alas, they moved in to their new apartment last week and the blanket won't be with them for quite awhile. =(. Anyway, it does feel good to work on a project that's been kind of looming over my head for quite some time now. I showed pictures of it back in January..but for all of you who didn't see it...


Thankfully, it has grown since I took these pictures but you can basically see.. yeah. The pattern is SO EASY. Just chains and extended double crochets. I will have a poop ton of ends to sew in when I'm done though. Wouldn't this pattern make a fun scarf?

2 comments:

Leah + Heather said...

yayyyy progress! don't worry...I'm not counting on it until I reach my 85th birthday, so you have plenty of time ;) love you sisspot

Kayla said...

lol i love you too sissinfluff mcgee