Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A new student =)



Yesterday Billy was kind of bored..it was raining a little and he couldn't figure out what he wanted to do. So I offered to teach him how to knit or crochet. He said: "Nooooo, that stuff is for old ladies!!!" LOL. I had him cracking up telling him all of the awesome things he could make if he learned. He wouldn't budge. Soo, I offered to teach him how to sew, and he was like "YES! I've been wanting to learn!". I was like whatttttt?? okay.  Using scrap fabric from this quilt, we made a little Optimus Prime pillow, with hand sewing only. And seriously, he sewed more than 2/3 of it, aside from me showing him how to make the stitches and taking a little break. =). Guys, I was impressed. And he was so very proud of himself.



AND--now he's agreed to learn to crochet  AND knit. HAHA victory! He asked me if we could make something every time he's at our house. SO, I need to find/think of more projects for kids. I'm just thrilled to bits.

No comments: