Friday, June 24, 2011

tulle flowers in mah hairrr



Hey ya'll! I actually made something.
Finally.
I went over to Joann's today and picked up a few different shades of tulle: Light pink, coral pink, and gray. I figured I could experiment with fabric flowers and see what I come up with.

This is only using the gray and light pink..it's probably around thirty layers of tulle. There are a poop ton of fabric flower tutorials out there, so I'm not going to go through with pictures or anything, plus I don't want to step on anyone's toes. But basically I cut out a five petal flower shape, then folded up the tulle and cut through the layers. I then sewed the layers together with pink thread and tried to pinch the bottom a little so it would be more three dimensional. Then I sewed it to a hair clip. It was super easy and quick--and tulle is so inexpensive you could make a ton of these for very little money. I think it would really look nice if you added some glass beads or pearly beads to the middle, but I didn't have any on hand.

 My favorite way is on the back on my head, like on a low ponytail in the top picture. I tried to take a picture with a mirror and my arms over my head blindly so that's why the picture isn't very good haha.
So yeah.. that's it for that!

Wedding plans are moving right along, and I've been able to check a few things off the list in the past two days which is awesome. Murphy is responding well to his new medicine and the probiotics I got him so that's good..and little Billy is officially done kindergarten as of last week..summer is in full swing. It seems like it was yesterday when he was just starting pre school..and now he's a big bad first grader. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly time flies. It's a good reminder to cherish all the moments you can.
Until next time...

No comments: