Thursday, June 30, 2011

Swatch of Pink cables




I decided that I wanted to learn to knit cables. Soo, I did.
As you can see this is just a little swatch with scrap yarn.
But, considering I just started knitting, and I have no clue what I'm doing majority of the time (LOL), I was happy that I semi-figured it out. 

There's the wrong side. As you can see, I didn't figure out that I should purl next to the cable so it would pop more until I almost finished the swatch.  I'm sure there are many other tips and tricks for cables, that's as far as I got the other day.
Now, I need to finish the four UFO's I have in my life right now: two quilt tops waiting to be basted and quilted, my sister's afghan, and the waffle knitted scarf. Then I wouldn't feel quite so bad starting something new. Tonight though, I may have to divert because my sister's birthday is on Sunday and I'd like to make her a little something. =). SHHH. 


No comments: