Thursday, June 16, 2011

well this is embarrassing...



Um..I might be the worst blogger ever. 
Sorry---as if anyone was really disappointed that I wasn't writing..LOL.
I've been a bit overwhelmed, and making serious wedding plans, and Murphy has been back and forth to the vet constantly.
It turns out we picked the puppy who has small intestine bacterial overgrowth, also being referred to as antibiotic responsive diarrhea. So, after several vet trips and several hundred dollars spent, we now have the poor guy on long term antibiotics and prescription i/d food (which hopefully we can switch him to regular food soon...$29 for an 8.5 lb bag..and he eats like 6 cups a day). Honestly, it's been a little stressful and I feel really bad for him (although by the way he acts you could never tell he's not completely healthy). Gah, okay. Enough of my complaining.
I have actually missed writing. I'm not very structured or probably even very good at it, but there's something about being able to put your thoughts out there which is just nice.
I haven't sewed much of anything as of late, something you probably figured out by my lack of posting. I have, however, been semi-diligently knitting along at that waffle scarf  showed you guys. It's now almost resembling something that might just be a scarf one day when it grows up. =). ALSO, and I'm super duper pumped and dorky about this...I've been reading about and watching youtube videos on spinning. Like spinning wool and yarn and stuff. HAHA I seriously now want a spinning wheel. AND--I've also been reading up on canning. And I now want to can homemade apple sauce and apple butter and jams and jellies and homegrown vegetables (from the vegetable garden I never got around to planting of course). Because I clearly have time to learn to do all that on top of still needing to finish a bazillion sewing, crochet, and knitting endeavors. Totally. I'm sure that one day I will have figured out how to manage my time and life in an effective way. Currently though, it's just chaos.
In wedding planning news, we've been officially engaged a month and a day..and we have our ceremony and reception venue picked out and booked and the deposit given. So that feels good. I have meetings set up with the catering manager, a day to go wedding dress shopping, and potential meetings with photographers. I feel legit.
Hopefully I'll have something to show you guys soon, and my next post won't just be my blathering excuses as to why (again) it's been sooooo long since I last posted. =). I'm sure you'll be waiting with bated breath, right?

No comments: