Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Hocus Pocus scarf



I know, I know. It's far too hot to be wearing scarves.
At least here...103 degrees Fahrenheit with a heat index of more.. hence, no pictures of me modeling my new knitted scarf. =).
I watched that movie Hocus Pocus recently. You know, the one with the Sanderson sisters?? It came out in 1993, I was five, and I thought it was SO AWESOME. I got the urge for some reason and got it on Netflix. It made me miss the fall. Halloween, pumpkins, the leaves, the crisp air. SO, I decided to finally use this yarn I just had to buy. It's my first knitted scarf, well, completed knitted scarf. I'm still working on that waffle-y one.

Just look at those colors though. Don't they make you think of apple cider, pumpkins, fall leaves? Well good, because that was the point. I love those colors. And they are so much prettier in person.
I knit in in plain ol' stockinette, with ginormous 19mm needles. It made it a quick and extremely comfortable project. My hands didn't get cramped once. AND it's about 72 inches long. Yay.


 I really didn't want to do any crazy pattern, partially out of laziness, but mostly because I didn't want to take away from the yarn itself which I am clearly obsessed with. It was good "tv knitting" for sure. 
So that's it, nothing too fancy, and definitely beginner level knitting. But I can't wait until fall to wear it. =)


No comments: