Thursday, February 24, 2011

Just babbling a little

I started sewing in the beginning of October. As you guys might remember, my first project was the Halloween quilt that I posted pictures of here. I have to admit, that while piecing that quilt, I don't think I pressed the seams once. I kinda of just skipped right over that whole thing. Too lazy, I didn't want to stop actually sewing..that kind of thing. In the short time and small amount of projects I have actually completed, I've learned that the pre washing, pressing, cutting, pressing, pressing, pressing again, are all important steps in the process of sewing.
The most surprising part of that is that I'm actually enjoying those extra steps in the process, whereas before I dismissed them as boring, or unnecessary, or just yucky. Since October, I have learned yet another big lesson in patience. And I'm loving the look of a freshly pressed seam, not gonna lie.



Side note, even on the wrong side of the fabric those robots are adorable. ^ 

No comments: