Sunday, February 6, 2011

Thrift Store Finds

Hey guys! I just wanted to do a quick little post showing you all my thrift store finds that I mentioned the other day. I actually just stuck to clothes this time, because I'm really trying to expand away from sweatpants/ jeans with a hoodie every.single.day. I did find a vintage metal brother sewing machine in a cute pink carrying case for 30 dollars..but I don't need it so I passed it by. =(. Alright, let's get on with it..

1. Dark brown corduroy Gap Blazer: $4.99 ( I actually paid the most for this item. It was my favorite. What happened was it didn't have a tag so when I got to the register to pay the cashier was all: "I can't sell this to you grumble grumble I'm an angry pants" (I'm paraphrasing of course)  and the much nicer lady behind her went and got it priced for me but it didn't get the half off price like the rest of the items...)


2. Grey striped BisouBisou blazer: $2





3. Black and White polka dot Talbots blazer: $3.50

4. Black velvet blazer: $2.50













5. I'm grouping the most casual items together here in the interest of brevity. Plain pink Croft and Barrow t-shirt: $1.50 Black athletic long sleeve shirt: $3 Both pairs of sweatpants: 50 cents each













6. The sweaters: Red cardigan with pearl buttons : $3.99 Black cardigan: $2 Green Merona cardigan: $1 Blue sweater: $2













7. Pretty blue ombre slip type thing Simply Vera Wang: $2.50 (if this doesn't fit me I don't even care I will make a pillow out of it =) )
8. Last but not least, a vintage wool skirt. A line, with pockets: $1.99 Sorry it's so wrinkly..it was like that in the store. meh.


<-- the ILGWU  tag. I dated it and the source said they changed to red white and blue in 1974..so the skirt could be as old as that. I don't know. =) But I really like it.





Okay, well that's it. I hope you enjoyed. If you want to see more posts like this, let me know. Especially in the summertime and warm months, almost hubby and I are yard sale masters. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Dragonfly Goddess said...

You know, Kayla, you really are your mother...except better, of course!

Kayla said...

well i learned from the best of course =)