Tuesday, February 1, 2011

impromptu crocheted hat



So last night I randomly decided to crochet a hat. I'd never crocheted a hat before, actually I've never even crocheted in the round before. I have read a few people recently saying that one has to be very careful with crocheted in the round, marking your first stitch, counting etc..so I was a little bit nervous.. I didn't happen to bring any scrap yard to mark stitches with, so I just made sure to count EVERYTHING. =) All in all it took me about 2 hours to complete. And I actually like it. YAY! I quickly watched this video on the lovely twj1963's youtube.com channel, wrote down the instructions, and then followed my written instructions from there.

The yarn is super soft and kind of a variegated purple color. I don't know the brand because I bought it from a yard sale, partially used, last summer for fifty cents or something like that. I do have to say, though, as pretty as the yarn is, it was a little difficult to see what I was doing because of the texture. I used a size N crochet hook.
Once I finished, after showing it off to almost hubby and our friend Geri ( I was quite proud of myself actually), I took a little goofy Iphone photo shoot. =) Sorry if I look tired...it was four thirty in the morning.



In case you haven't realized this by now, I'm a huge dork.

2 comments:

Chie - Vivat Veritas said...

great hat! i love the lavender color.. i've never crochet a hat before. thanks for sharing the tutorial link!

xx
chie

Kayla said...

Thank you very much, and thanks for stopping by =). I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was, you're so talented I'm sure it would be no problem for you to make it! Have a great night.=)
--Kayla