Monday, January 31, 2011

New red scarf!



Hi everybody! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! Remember this fabric? :
Well...I turned it into this:

I used the awesome tutorial by Ruffles and Stuff for the scarf. The tutorial is awesome and so easy to follow. If you haven't checked it out yet, please do, this woman is very talented. =). I had to modify the tutorial a little bit, only because I didn't have enough fabric. Which was completely my own fault because I didn't calculate the measurements of what was needed for the scarf before I bought the fabric. So, in the original tutorial, you need a length of flannel measuring 10"x 175". I shortened the width by two inches and didn't have enough length anyway so I ended up with about 8"x 130". Instead of four inch box pleats I made 3 inch box pleats to try to make up for my lack of length. Also, on either end, I just used a single pleat instead of box pleats for the extra couple of inches. Even though I kind of improvised, I still really like how it turned out.
It will be a welcome addition to my scarf collection. =)

4 comments:

Dragonfly Goddess said...

so fabulous...and just in time for Valentine's Day!

Kayla said...

sanks MAMMMMM! lub you!

Disney said...

Oh, I love it!! I almost used this exact same color in cotton, but I'm obsessed with cream.I actually like this length! It makes it a little less full. I was thinking mine's almost too froufy. Great job!

Kayla said...

Thank you so much! I love it too, thanks for the tutorial =)