Wednesday, January 26, 2011

bad little blogger, good little quilter

Alrighty, it is Wednesday already? That's absurd. hahaha. This past weekend was my rotation to work, so Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. But I actually felt so awful and sick that I called out of work on Sunday and laid on the couch like a feverish blob. I think I might have bronchitis, but I'm not sure, should really go to the doctor and get that taken care of. Lemon tea with honey has been clutch recently, that's for sure.
awww look how little she used to be!
Also, yesterday we dropped off our lovely Maxine to the vet to be spayed, poor thing.
So for my lack of feeling up to do anything, on Monday I still managed to quilt a little bit.  I'm really determined to get Chelsea's quilt done. And really, there's not a horrible amount to do, life just isn't cooperating with me. (Everything should revolve around what I want to do, right?) I got into a really good groove too, I put some music on and went to town. But then after an hour or so, I had to go run errands and actually address life so yeah. I did promise pictures of things that I bought at Joann's though so let's see:


These are the two patterns that I got for 99 cents each! Yay!!!! I think they are so cute!


This is the pretty red flannel and the buttons for this scarf.

Next, let's see...oh the green and white seersucker and elastic thread for the ruffled Anthropologie scarf that I want to make. Does anyone know which scarf I'm talking about? I can't find a picture anywhere, sorry!


Last but not least, aside from decor items which I will post pics of another time, here is a simple black 5x7" frame that was 40% off ( I think!), with a plain white fat quarter.. I will be using these to make this stitched love note for almost hubby. ( side note...you can kinda see me and the camera in the reflection of the plastic wrapping over the frame..haha creepy) So, as I go and make progress on these projects, or anything else, or course I will post and update and stuff. I can't wait until spring by the way, I want to take pictures outside! (well and do many other outdoor activities..not just take pictures =) )
Okay, so before I go, I have been considering what I want this blog to really turn into.. other than a way to showcase and talk about things I've made, like to make, etc.. what else are my goals? I haven't quite figured that out yet to be honest. BUT-- I've been thinking about doing themed days, stick with me here. Things like: Made by Me Monday, Want it Wednesday...that sort of thing. It will take a bit more planning and work on my part, but I think it could help keep the blog interesting, and give me something to work towards a little more specifically. I don't know...tell me your thoughts please! I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: