Tuesday, January 4, 2011

some progress

I've been doing some thinking about this quilt top of mine..I don't know if I like how it's looking. I think I have to play with it some more. What do you think? It's definitely a simple design, just alternating between white and colored squares. Since I'm a beginner I wanted to do something that isn't overly complicated and just focus on practicing piecing and aligning seams, that kind of thing.
    Well, I decided that I would like to make ear warmers from the leftover fleece. Because they're cute and functional. =)
   I crocheted some more for the blanket. I bought  B-E-A-utiful large plaid wool (which was on sale by the way--awesome possum) which I want to make into a circle skirt. It will be great practice on matching prints and everything else so I'm excited.
Tonight I'm working on crocheting some simple little washcloths so we have extras around the house. I know I could go the easy route and just buy some, but isn't that kind of the point of what we do? You can buy ANYTHING now, I love being more than the purchaser in the process.  I remember the first time I started a crochet project,  a baby blanket for our friends Gary and Jen's baby Gavin. After the first few rows, when it actually started to look like something, I was like WOW! I'm taking this basically string and turning it into something beautiful. It was really a cool feeling. And I get that with everything I make now, so it's nice. Plus I love the feeling of being capable, feeling slightly more resourceful than I was before. yeah. How about you? Why do you do what you do?

No comments: