Friday, January 7, 2011

a mini quilting session

getting approval from the boss on the thread color


Last night my friend Chelsea came over with a quilt that her grandmother had started for her before she passed. She asked me if I would help her finish it.. so I'm really excited and pretty touched that she thought of me, especially with something as special as that. I really had no idea in what state the quilt was in before I saw it, didn't know if the top was pieced, if it was quilted etc. So, it was a pleasant surprise when Chelsea came to see that it was already pieced, and the layers were all basted together, and partially quilted. Sooooo, I will be finishing the quilting up, then binding it, with binding that is already cut by the way. Chelsea was kind enough to take some pictures so I could share on here. =)

taadaaa!