Friday, January 21, 2011

goodies and more goodies

Oh my gosh, do I love a good sale. Yesterday we went over to Joann's (umm which is sadly the only fabric store that I know of close by), and I picked up some great stuff, all on sale by the way which was just wonderful. I got a yard of green and white striped seersucker and elastic thread with plans to make a ruffled summer scarf that I saw at Anthropologie last summer on clearance..for I wanna say thirty dollars? or some price that is completely absurd. That was before I started sewing, and even then I said "wow-I could so make that." I also picked up a nice bright red flannel, with plans to make this scarf. I bought two simplicity patterns for a whopping 99 cents each, some more elastic on sale...and some really nice decorations for the sewing room (erm..guest bedroom). Pictures to come!

No comments: