Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Got myself a cute little summer shirt!

Hey guys! SO remember that blue striped XXL t shirt I talked about? Well I got brave and cut it up today! Woohoo! I'm sorry because I completely forgot to take pictures along the way, but imagine a plain long sleeve crew neck shirt in about three sizes too big. Got it? Okay, that's what I started with. Basically what I did was cut the sleeves to be short sleeves, cut the neck line to be more of a boat neck/scoop neck so it would go off my shoulder a little. I cut off about 3 1/2 inches from the bottom, and took a good 6 inches off the sides to fit it to my body a little better. Then I hemmed all of the newly cut edges. After that, I decided to make a little makeshift bow and I hand sewed it on with a vintage yellow button in the center.  Here's how it turned out:






Do you like it? I do, I would definitely wear it over a tank top though because the neckline can be a bit showy. haha. Oh and by the way, this was my absolute first time working with a knit, EVER. It's far from perfect, but I'm pleased.  So yeah, it was a really easy and fast project, and now I have a cute little very casual summery shirt. yay.

2 comments:

Leah + Heather said...

yayyyy kayla! it's so cute! make me one?

Leah + Heather said...

ps. this is your sister. i don't know why it's just coming up as L