Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What have I been doing the past couple of days?

I'll tell you what I've been doing..piecing a quilt top for my little guy that's what!
I woke up on Tuesday morning at a ridiculously early hour. So I decided that, instead of sulking over being awake so early, I would be productive. And I was. I got all the fabric pre-washed and ironed before 10am. All the fabric was cut immediately after wards, and then I pieced the whole quilt top before we went to pick little man up from school. Yay, go team me. I took the pictures before adding the final white sashing to either side. Sorry, but you get the idea.



I used the free pattern so kindly offered here at Made by Rae. Now I just have to get all the layers together, quilt, and bind it. Easier said than done but I'm excited about it. I really like how the white sashing contrasts against the colors of the blocks. I showed the top to little man and he is super excited. And I let him pick out the backing fabric, he picked out flannel hot wheels fabric haha. Such a boys boy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It is going to be beautiful - what a neat quilt - and thanks for sharing the link . . . I love the bright colors and agree with you that the while sashing really makes the colors pop! I am itching to get home and get sewing again . . . . you inspire me!

Dragonfly Goddess said...

Kayla, you are amazing....you were just showing me the fabric the other day while you were sick and now you have this beautiful art!

Leah + Heather said...

Kaykay you're amazing! Sorry I couldn't get you more cute boy fabric sooner...but maybe I'll get you some fabric for a quilt for YOU! Love you mucho mucho <3 <3 <3

Kayla said...

Aw you guys! You're all the best, thank you so much for your encouraging words. =) You are all so awesome and supportive.
--Kayla