Friday, March 11, 2011

Pirates can quit whenever they want to quit!

Hey everybody how's it going? So I actually bought the zipper today--and inserted it into the dress/muslin/curtain( ;) ) just now. I read the instructions and watched a youtube video twice. It is functional-but not pretty at all. I don't know what came over me choosing such slippery fabric for my first -albeit practice- dress. Anyway, I also inserted one of the sleeves and decided that I'd had enough and am not "finishing" my practice dress. It wouldn't have been wearable anyway to be honest. Meh- it's okay, I'm happy with what I learned, and it fits! So that's encouraging. I am going to make it properly over again with a navy blue cotton with little strawberries all over it. I got that fabric (all five yards of it) from a yardsale for about fifty cents last summer. I'm pretty excited about it actually. It will be a great spring a summer dress in cotton to have once completed. So yeah, I'll keep you guys posted on that.
I decided not to take more photos of the practice dress because it's still basically the same as it was, just with one sleeve and a zipper in the back. hahaha Not very impressive to look at.
Besides that, I had a very busy day playing pirates with Billy. I even haphazardly sewed us eye patches so we could look legit. Let me tell you, that child is terrifying when you steal his gold. So watch out. Arr matey.

Tomorrow we have a fun filled day-- St. Patrick's Day parade and Chuck E. Cheese's after, so I doubt I'll accomplish any real sewing but I could always surprise myself.
Have a happy weekend!

No comments: