Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Want It Wednesday!



 Hey guys! Welcome to my second Want It Wednesday post..are you ready for it? I know I am =)

1. One of these awesome camera bags (cute and functional= awesome) After recently having purchased a Nikon D3100, I would be thrilled to have one  of these bags. My friend Chelsea just ordered one and I can't wait for her to get it so I can stare at it lovingly. haha. These bags can be found here.
 

2. A little bit random..but.. I would love a set of Russian nesting dolls or Matryoshka doll. Go here to learn some more about them. I just think they are so cool. And cute. And I find it amazing that traditionally they are hand carved to fit inside one another. It's hard for me to imagine being that accurate with a medium like that that I'm not familiar with. 


3. A new set of rollers for my Kelsey Excelsior printing press that was so thoughtfully rescued by almost hubby for me from a local fire company. It was in imminent danger of being tossed away into the dumpster-and I had been wanting a printing press for awhile and yeah! Good story. Anyway, right. New rollers. The press could use a good cleaning, and the rollers on it are definitely in need of replacement in order to make a functional press. The rollers can be purchased here so I have a source I just need to allocate the funds that way. If you are at all interested in letterpress, or would like to stare at some beautiful letterpress work and drool, check out these websites:
Oh So Beautiful Paper
  The last website does not strictly feature letterpress, however it frequently does, and  always has beautiful inspiration.
Anyway, check out some photos of my press from the day I got it:

Isn't it beautiful? I can't wait until it's all the way functional again so I can experiment. I know this is more of a sewing blog but when I do make any prints I will definitely show you guys.


2 comments:

Jessica Ann said...

Your blog is right up my alley :) It has a little bit of everything! I love the quilts you have on here too!!! Hope you don't mind if I follow :)

findinghaven.blogspot.com

Kayla said...

Oh my goodness thank you so much, you made my day =). I'd be honored if you follow! I'm going to check out your blog too right this moment.
--Kayla